Daniel Marcos on Saving and Scaling Businesses
Daniel Marcos is an entrepreneur and one of the leading experts on business growth. He is the co-founder and CEO of the Gazelles Growth Institute, a premiere executive education program that trains C-Suite executives to lead their businesses through the varied phases of business growth.
Daniel is a serial entrepreneur who has started and sold several businesses over the years. He is also a widely read blogger for Gazelles Growth Institute and Capital Emprendedor, which is presented entirely in Spanish. Daniel is also a sought after keynote speaker on topics like leadership, management and business growth.
On this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Daniel started his first company back in the 1990s in Mexico.
- Why Daniel pursued his MBA while simultaneously running his first company.
- How Daniel’s first American company went under during the 2008 financial crash.
- How Daniel responded to the economic crisis by moving past failure and starting a new, highly successful business.
- How Daniel met Verne Harnish, and how they started the Gazelles Growth Institute.
- The four stages of company growth, and how they demand different types of leadership.
- Why it’s better to take top players and mold them into a team than to only focus on hiring team players.
- A leader’s role in getting the best out of everybody around them.
- A mistake Daniel made, and what he learned from it.
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!