David Rendall on Embracing What Makes Us Unique
David Rendall has built a career on helping people embrace what makes them unique.
David is a leadership professor, non-profit executive, stand-up comedian and keynote speaker to clients such as Microsoft, AT&T, the US Air Force, and more. He is also the author of four books, including The Freak Factor, The Four Factors of Effective Leadership, and Pink Goldfish.
David joined host Robert Glazer on the Elevate Podcast, to talk about growing up unique, parenting, how the school system lets many kids down, and embracing our true selves to become our best.
Listen to this episode on your favorite platform
A big thanks to our episode sponsor SaneBox!
Is email a soul crushing distraction? If so, then you need SaneBox.
SaneBox’s Artificial Intelligence monitors your Inbox. Automatically, knucklehead email is moved to your SaneLater folder. All that’s left is the important stuff and your smiles. If you know how email folders work, then you know how SaneBox works. Find an email in the wrong folder? Just move it! Nothing to learn. Nothing to install. SaneBox works directly with every single email server or service that has ever been created.
Get a free two-week trial AND a $25 credit, by visiting https://www.sanebox.com/elevate.
On this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How David grew up as a class clown.
- The restrictions David felt as a child why he felt his unique personality was a weakness.
- How David learned to embrace his “weaknesses,” and be fully himself.
- Why the current school system unfairly punishes people who aren’t rule-followers.
- How giving a five minute speech as a volunteer on the Chamber of Commerce board changed David’s life.
- Why the Freak Factor is so important
- Why David wears so much pink.
- A mistake David has made, and what he learned from it.
Links from the Episode
The Freak Factor by David Rendall
David’s TEDx Talk
Book David to speak
Guest: David Rendall
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate Podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!