Ingrid Fetell Lee on How Joyful Design Will Change Your Life
Ingrid Fetell Lee is an expert on how the design of our environment profoundly impacts our lives. In a world where productivity and functionality are critical to design, Ingrid has discovered the power of designing spaces that bring joy into people’s lives and change their experiences in the process.
Ingrid is the author of Joyful: The Surprising Power of Ordinary Things to Create Extraordinary Happiness, and the founder of the website The Aesthetics of Joy, she empowers people to find more joy in life and work through design. Her immensely popular TED talk “Where Joy Hides and How to Find it” has been viewed more than 17 million times.
A big thanks to our episode sponsor, The Next Big Idea Club!
This episode of Elevate with Robert Glazer is also brought to you by The Next Big Idea Club. If you’re looking for bestsellers before they become bestsellers, then this book club is for you.
Curated by Daniel Pink (When, Drive, To Sell is Human), Malcolm Gladwell (The Tipping Point, Blink, Outliers), Susan Cain (Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking) and Adam Grant (Give and Take, Originals), The Next Big Idea Club is a book subscription community where these brilliant, bestselling authors select each season’s most exciting new nonfiction books and then send them straight to you.
Use link https://www.nextbigideaclub.com/10off and get 10% off your subscription! There’s also a 3-day FREE trial on the BYOB (Bring Your Own Book) option on that page as well.
On this remarkable episode, you’ll learn:
- How Ingrid started her career in design
- The moment that Ingrid realized the value of joy in design
- Why joy and happiness are completely different concepts
- How Ingrid developed Joyful, her best-selling book
- Ingrid’s journey to deliver a TED talk that has captivated millions
- How the design of a neighborhood can lower crime rates
- What elements of design bring joy, and how any person can bring more joy to their surroundings
- A mistake Ingrid has made, and what she learned
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!