James Clear on Writing and Changing Your Habits
James Clear is an American author, entrepreneur and photographer. On his personal website, JamesClear.com, he writes about habits and human potential. James is also the author of Atomic Habits.
- A formative accident in James’ life that set him on a new career path.
- What he did to regain a sense of control over his life after the accident.
- How the new habits he developed led him to become an academic All-American in baseball.
- Habits that he developed specifically from baseball that have influenced him in his adult life.
- How James stumbled into writing and how that evolved into a business, led to his focus on habits and writing his book, Atomic Habits.
- How James organically built his weekly newsletter subscriber list to over 400,000 people.
- Habits James has developed to become a better writer.
- When James focuses on his writing during the day and what his process looks like.
- The five core elements of Atomic Habits– what they are and how they guide readers to shape a new habit or break a bad one.
- Why James refers to habits as the compounding interest of self-improvement
- What happens if you get 1% better or worse each day.
- What habit stacking is and the formula to follow when applying it.
- Why mastering the art of showing up and doing the first second of work is so vital to creating a new habit.
- The role environment can play in our habits and behaviors.
- A bad habit of James’ and what he’s doing to break it.
Links from the Episode
Guest: James Clear
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate with Robert Glazer podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!