Joey Coleman on Never Losing Another Customer
Joey Coleman, our guest on this episode of Elevate with Robert Glazer, specializes in helping companies retain their customers with a unique and rewarding experience.
He is the founder and Chief Experience Composer of Design Symphony and recently published his first book, Never Lose a Customer Again. His bestselling book explains how creating a good customer experience can generate an army of raving fans who will stay with you for years to come and spread the word about your company to other prospective customers.
- How Joey came up with the name “Chief Experience Composer” for his title
- Joey’s eclectic background and how he went from practicing law with his dad to starting Design Symphony to public speaking to helping companies create remarkable, positive customer experiences
- What Joey spends most of his time doing today
- Where Joey’s idea for his First 100 Days program came from
- The realization Joey had that led him on a multi-year journey to look at customer retention and help companies improve their first 100 days with a customer
- Percentage of companies who will decide to stop doing business with you in the first 100 days
- A restaurant that 46% of customers never return to
- Why the first 100 days are so critical to the long-term success of a company
- Why incentives to sales teams are misaligned with customer retention
- What customers are “dying for” from company reps they work with
- How to use reciprocity in client interactions
- How Joey learned about Acceleration Partners and why he decided to feature our company in his book
- Notable things other companies are doing for clients within the first 100 days
- What companies should do at the beginning, middle and end of the first 100 days after a client comes on board
- Something that Joey was expected to do while working in the White House that surprised him and stayed with him as a valuable customer relationship strategy
- How the best companies should commission their sales teams and account managers to encourage customer retention
- A recent mistake that Joey’s made that he’s learned a lot from
Links from the Episode
Joey Coleman’s Website
Never Lose a Customer Again: Turn Any Sale into Lifelong Loyalty in 100 Days by Joey Coleman
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate with Robert Glazer podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!