Tom Rath on Discovering Your Strengths and Finding Purpose
In this episode of the Elevate Podcast, host Robert Glazer sits down with Tom Rath to talk about helping people find their strengths as performers and using that knowledge to build their overall capacity.
Tom is a leading expert on the role of human behavior in business, health and well-being. He is the author the #1 New York Times bestseller How Full Is Your Bucket? as well as Are You Fully Charged and StrengthsFinder 2.0, which was listed by Amazon as the top selling non-fiction book of all time.
Taking the mantle from his grandfather, Donald Clifton, Tom helps organizations focus on the strengths of their employees and create an environment where everybody can perform to the best of their abilities.
On this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Tom’s experience growing up in a house of psychologists and educators.
- How Tom started his career doing research for his grandfather, Gallup Chairman Donald Clifton
- How society encourages kids to avoid finding their passion and instead focus on breadth of talent
- Tom’s experience with Clifton StrengthsFinder, including how it works differently for a person over time.
- How people can capitalize on their knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses, and how they can do the same for their teams.
- Bob’s results from taking the Clifton StrengthsFinder
- How many modern workplaces put unhealthy levels of stress on employees
- A mistake Tom has made, and what he learned from it
Links from the Episode
Clifton Strengths by Gallup
How Full Is Your Bucket by Tom Rath and Donald Clifton
Guest: Tom Rath
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!