Yanik Silver on Catalyzing Catalysts and Rethinking Your Business
“The world’s biggest problems are the world’s biggest business opportunities.” – Peter Diamandis
Yanik Silver is the founder of Maverick1000, a private, invitation-only global network of top entrepreneurs and industry leaders. This group periodically assembles for breakthrough retreats, rejuvenating experiences, and impact opportunities (to-date raising over $3M+) with participating icons such as Sir Richard Branson, Tony Hawk, Chris Blackwell, John Paul DeJoria, Tony Hsieh, Russell Simmons, Tim Ferriss, and many others.
Yanik serves on the Constellation board for Virgin Unite, the entrepreneurial foundation of the Virgin Group and Branson family.
On this episode of Elevate with Robert Glazer, Yanik talks about his lifetime goal of connecting and catalyzing visionary leaders and game changers to solve the world’s most impactful issues by the year 2100.
- Yanik’s role in his family’s business and some important things he learned from that experience.
- Yanik’s entrepreneurial journey.
- The family event that Yanik created to teach his and others’ kids about business and what he has them do to learn about selling.
- Why selling is such a core skill for being an entrepreneur.
- How Yanik avoided having a “real” job most of his career.
- How asking himself one question led Yanik to start Maverick 1000.
- How the business has changed/evolved since he had his first event.
- Evolved Enterprises, what it is and how it’s aligned with Maverick 1000
- Some of the 100 most important issues he wants to catalyze the catalysts to help solve by 2100.
- Yanik’s Ultimate Big Life List and some things that are on that, some things he’s taken off and a few big ones that have come to fruition.
- How Yanik has connected with some of the greatest business icons of our time, including Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Tony Hsieh.
- A mistake Yanik’s made in his life that he’s learned the most from.
Links from the Episode
Guest: Yanik Silver
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate with Robert Glazer podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!